For many people, mindfulness is now a way of life. So what does this actually mean? Well, when you are being mindful you are very much living in the moment. You are fully aware of all of your surroundings and you accept everything that is happening to you with no negativity or judgment. You are kind to yourself and indeed to others. When you practice the mindfulness exercises in this program, you too will be able to experience the peacefulness and greater satisfaction with life. This is the great gift of mindfulness. We can be honest with you and tell you that you might not find this program easy, but then again most of the things that are really worthwhile in life aren’t easy either. Mindfulness encourages you to live every day in the same way, letting go of stress, worry, and even resentment. In this mindfulness program, you will be shown how to practice mindfulness in your day-to-day life and so reap the benefits of a happier healthier you.
Mindfulness can help us in the following ways:
- It frees us from negative emotions
- It deters you from unhelpful habits or negative thinking
- It can bring balance to the left and the right sides of the brain
- It gives you ‘time-out’, allowing your brain to re-charge from information overloads
- Mindfulness allows your body to find its natural rhythm again
- It can help you to concentrate better and regain your focus
- Mindfulness makes us more productive
- Mindfulness improves our ability to relate more effectively to those around us
- Most important of all, it helps you to be yourself
Instructions: Getting Started
- Once you are logged in go to Lesson One. Read and follow the instructions in lesson one and the subsequent lessons thereafter.
- Record your answers to the questions we pose in the ‘Take Notes’ area to the top right of the site.
- Mindfulness isn’t easy so be gentle with yourself at all times.
Now it’s time for a brief introduction to Mindfulness. Please sit comfortably and then play the Introduction to Mindfulness File now.